Instructions for Invited Speakers
- Keynote Lectures Presenters will have 20-25 minutes for presentation.
- Speakers giving presentations will have allocated time as previously advised by summit secretariat.
- Panelists will be a part of a panel and not allocated specific time for presentation.
UPLOADING YOUR PRESENTATION
All speakers must upload their presentations at the Speakers’ Ready Desk in the back of the Plenary Hall (Hall IV) at least 1 hour before the start of their session in order to check their slides with the technical staff and upload the presentation onto the network.
Speakers can upload their presentations at any time from the beginning of the Summit and do not need to wait until the day of presentation.
Speakers in morning sessions are strongly advised to pre-load their presentation the day before.
Modification of the presentation is possible at any time prior to the session at the Speakers’ Ready Desk, until 30 minutes before the session starts.
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Alternatively, you may supply your own laptop computer. In such a case please confirm that it has a VGA or a HDMI socket for external signal and come to check it first at the Speakers’ Ready Desk during the break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the session starts.
PREPARING YOUR SLIDES
Please note that the conference computers in the session halls are being supplied with Office 2013 (at least).
SCREEN PROJECTION RATIO IN THE HALLS IS 16:9 AND ALL PRESENTATION SLIDES NEED TO BE IN THE SAME RATIO
Important note for Macintosh users
The instructions above also apply to all Mac users.
In order to use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Speakers’ Ready Desk:
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT – these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
Alternatively, you may use your own Macintosh laptop computer. In such a case please confirm you provide it with a VGA or a HDMI adaptor for external signal and come to check it first at the Speakers’ Ready Desk during the break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the session starts.