EU-MED Summit: Bringing the Healthcare Ecosystem to Life
Dear Friends & Colleagues,
It is our honor and pleasure to invite to participate at the Eu-MED Summit 2019 that will take place 24 & 25 September, 2019 in Łódź, Poland.
From Start-Up to Scale-Up, EU-MED Summit aims to support growth of healthcare innovation by driving collaborations, business opportunities, investments and knowledge.
The goal of The Summit is to offer stakeholders in the healthcare innovation ecosystem a place to CONNECT – EXPLORE – INVEST – GROW
Poland has already invested great funds in this emerging economy, for building the ecosystem, and intends to continue to offer funding to encourage the growth of this industry. Polish healthcare expenditures amount to approx. 24 billion EUR!
- In the new financial plan for 2016 to 2020, approximately 2.4 billion EUR will be allocated forfinancing the healthcare sector.
- The country’s Ministry of Science and Higher Education also budgeted 302 million EUR forbiotechnology development.
- Clinical trials have experienced an increase in the last years, due to innovation-friendly policiesand incentives.
- Poland is becoming an emerging hotspot for pharmaceutical companies and biotech startups.
- Poland’s pharmaceutical sector worth approximately eight billion EUR.
- Poland’s medical technology sector is valued at approx. 1.6 billion EUR and is expected to grow 10percent annually in the coming three years.
As the Polish start-up ecosystem is thriving and as the Polish Healthcare and Biotech industries continue to grow – we firmly believe that there is a need for a space where members of these industries can share their stories, and therefore we created EU-MED Summit, with a rich and exciting program covering different aspects of business, brand, start-up, companies, marketing, and cutting-edge technologies.
Łódź, is not only a wonderfully charming city that has spent much of the past decade in rejuvenation, is a haven filled with surprises; lively neighborhoods, restaurants, shopping and nightlife; but also offers an excellent business environment: Its central location in the heart of Poland and Europe, well-qualified and affordable workforce, cheap property prices and the city’s pro-active attitude to support business are appreciated by resident corporations and new-coming investors. Well-known companies have already chosen Łódź as a location for their head office.
We encourage you to take your time exploring the city and its opportunities for growth of your business!
We look forward to welcoming you in Łódź in September for what promises to be a most exciting Summit!
EU-MED Summit Organizing Committee